Thursday, July 24, 2008

Yesterday  I redeemed a spa finder gift card that Chris had given me as a Christmas gift to get my hair cut. I've had hair to my shoulders for some time now and it was really starting to bug me.  I rarely styled my hair and mostly just put it into a wet bun for the whole day and then would sleep with it back in a ponytail because of the heat. Completely un-hairstylist like.
When Chris came home last night I mentioned that I felt more like myself again with the short hair, and didn't he think I  looked more like the old GG again? He paused and said, "yes.... but with more cares." *sigh*.  I guess that as a mom there is a certain weariness that lingers into each evening.
How carefree life was as a single, girl with all the time in the world. But then again how sad to have no sweet husband to rub my feet and laugh with or no precious little red-headed boy to pick up and give love'ns to. I'll take the extra cares thank-you very much!

9 comments:

Luke said...

Oh gg, this is so great to read! (c: I'm glad you consider your "a few more cares" more than worth the new joys you have. I think we single-people need to hear this more often!!

Luke said...

wait, more than worth.. oh, my wording confused me. uhm. the new joys are more than worth the "few more cares" that's what I meant. (c:

Erin said...

VERY cute GG! I like your hair cut, and love your ideas. :)

Vinae said...

I love the haircut, it reminds me of when I first met you - gosh, around 8 years ago or so!

Gretchen said...

Thanks Vinae, yeah I prefer the short hair. =)

mary said...

Very cute and sassy! I was sorry to read that you are moving :-( but happy for Chris that he won't have that drive. lv. m

Unknown said...

Very cute! Yes, looking (and feeling!) kind of tired is still worth the joys of having a family. It's good to stop and realize that now and then!

hjw said...

Love the hair!

Gypmar said...

Add me to the list of haircut admirers. I'm trying not to be envious!