Thursday, November 15, 2007

Here are a few pictures of Anders from the last couple of days. On Monday I took him to downtown Fullerton to see the trains come and go. He was appropriately impressed and I plan on taking him there again soon. I have been trying to get Anders to transition to a sippy " cup instead of a bottle and it is not going well. The bottle is a huge source of comfort and I'm embarrassed to admit that it's what helps him go to sleep.... bad mom. So, in the next month or so I will continue to talk about cups and give it to him first instead of the "ba ba".
The middle picture was from tonight and I was impressed with how old he is looking. Chris and I decided that he now looks like a kid and not a baby. Kind of sad but fun too.
Lately he has been very interested in babies and says "baby" quite clearly and sweetly. He loves looking at pictures of his new cousin Garrett on Erin's blog. We are looking forward to Christmas to get some cousin time in!
Tonight, he spent about 15-20 minutes perfecting the "spin and get dizzy" game. It was pretty funny to watch and I was slightly concerned that he would get sick but he seemed to just wear himself out which was fine with me.
Chris has been busy with work and so far we haven't seen the commercial his voice was used on, so we'll see.
We are looking forward to getting away for Thanksgiving. We'll spend the weekend in Oxnard and do some touristy things while we are there. It's our first family vacation just the three of us and we are really looking forward to it.


7 comments:

DaveShack said...

Yikes, you're feeling bad for using a bottle to help Anders go to sleep? It's pretty much always been our practice to do that. Some nights Mairead drains 2-3 before she goes to sleep. Those are the nights you want to be able to layer her with three diapers though.... Anyway, save your conscience for more important things! Great pictures! What a little man he's becoming.

ShackelMom said...

What a handsome little boy! yes, he is looking more like a kid! Amazing!

Gretchen said...

I do agree with you David about saving my conscience for more important things. It's easy to second guess yourself as a parent.

Laura Ellen said...

Anders does look like a big boy!

Have a fun Thanksgiving trip.

Anonymous said...

I really like the picture of the back of Chris and Anders. The big version of the little version :-). Dad

Drew and Kim Cox said...

My Goodness Gretchen - he's a man..and a cute one I might add :) You have an adult child on your hands! He totally sprouted- That's crazy!! We are looking forward to seeing you for Coax Family Christmas.
Love to you all!!

Mary said...

Hi Gretchen, He does look like a little boy now. Looking forward to seeing him at Cox Christmas.
Thanks for the blog,
Aunt Mary