Monday, August 18, 2008

Thanks to Aunt G. Here are a few moving pictures from the crazy week before we moved. My mom was a great help and Aunt G. came over a couple of days before the move and worked her magic as well. It was one of the most crazy things I've done. It was the first time I had had to pack up a whole house not just a room. 
 

We are officially in the new place and are starting to feel settled. I'm hoping to get my camera up and clicking soon to show what it's like out here.
This past week was really stressful and last night Chris and I finally re-configured our bedroom and unpacked a few more boxes. We are almost done! This apartment is quite a bit smaller and has a lot less storage than the old place so it's been interesting to try and tetris everything into place.
My only moving war wound happened last night when the paper shredder fell on top of my foot and it hurt so bad that I immediately burst into tear and hobbled out to the living room. It would have ended there except that when I get hurt I also get kind of angry so.... I karate chopped the padded desk chair out of frustration and anger and I think that my wrist hurts more then my foot..... It was a pitiful sight and it put me out of commission for about 20 minutes while I iced my wrist.  Now I understand where Anders gets his hurt/angry reactions from!
Chris was really sympathetic and didn't laugh until I felt better and then we both were able to laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation.

11 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

Moving is always so crazy, isn't it?

Rachel said...

so glad to see an up-dated blog... we drove down the coast yesterday coming home from tent camping near Ojai... and thought of you guys. we had a great time camping but were ready for a real bath! can't wait to see your new place.... xo, r

Heidi said...

That is really funny, Gretchen! I have the same hurt/angry reaction...it must run in the family. Do you think mom or dad? William laughed a lot too. I hope your wrist feels better soon!

Gretchen said...

Heidi, I think it's dad.... "dadgumit!" Although I think that most people have a anger reaction to pain. It's pretty normal. It's just that it's downright stupid to get hurt again because of it!!!

Drew and Kim Cox said...

Hey Girl, Glad to hear that you are getting settled. What is the new address? REALLY CUTE HAIR by the way!!

Talk to you soon, Kim and Drew

Anonymous said...

Gotta to confess. It's dad's side of the family. Robin doesn't have a sin nature. Just sweetness and light :-). When I get hurt I get mad! Not sure where I got it. My dad? Anyway imbrace your humanness. It's all we have for now. I don't like to swear but when I get hurt sometimes I do. And yes we do get to confess our sins. They are paid for already. Love you 3 in Calabasas. Dad

Gretchen said...

Dad, you really are a good, non-swearing type. The closest I've heard you come to a swear was "dadgumit!" Pretty tame! =0) Thanks for being a good example and for being a kind, funny and real person.
By the way mom does say "poopy cow"....

Erin said...

I think I remember "dag-nabbit" pretty well myself. :)

Gypmar said...

Oh, Gretchen, I empathize with the woes of moving. Shaun and I have moved houses five times in the eight years we've been married (not counting our 6 months in Germany), and four of those we did ourselves.

I see a wardrobe box in your photos--I wish we'd discovered those earlier in our moves! Those are the best!

Glad to hear you're getting settled in...we still have a garage full of boxes. On the plus side, the house stays remarkably free of clutter :)

Anonymous said...

Moving is SO exhausting!! So glad you're settling in. Anxious to see some pictures of your new place and area around it. Your mom says that's its beautiful with rolling hills and bluer skies.
Aunt G
I remember moving 3 days before Philip was born via emergency C-section (maybe that's why!)

Anonymous said...

Moving is SO exhausting!! So glad you're settling in. Anxious to see some pictures of your new place and area around it. Your mom says that's its beautiful with rolling hills and bluer skies.
Aunt G
I remember moving 3 days before Philip was born via emergency C-section (maybe that's why!)