Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Yesterday was a sad day for our little man. We had his two month well baby check up a the doctors office and that included his first set of immunizations. One shot on the left leg and two on the right. Ouch!
I've been pretty calm in the past about him getting a poke or some other uncomfortable procedure because I know it's good for him, and it will be over soon. For some reason yesterday was quite different. I think I cried more than he did! Chris couldn't be at this appointment so I got to do the honors of holding his little hands out of the way making sure he didn't flail too much. As soon as it was over he stopped crying and fell right to sleep on my chest. It was so pitiful.
The rest of the day he didn't feel very good and slept most of the time. Today he is feeling like himself and is smiling again. It's a relief to see him get his little personality back again!
We'll have to do this again in two months but we'll be prepared with geared up nerves and plenty of baby tylenol.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, poor baby-- both of you! I think Jeff is going to have to take Amelia for these sorts of things. The good news is that they won't remember these little traumas-- the bad news is that we will... I'm glad he's feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy! I can't wait to get over there and hold him again! It's been too long! How much does he weigh now?