Monday, March 12, 2007


Today was one of the most enjoyable baby days I've had in a long time. It began with a really terrible night of sleep on Anders part. I was completely discouraged and frustrated and tired this morning and most of all desperate to get out of the house! Yesterday was spent mostly indoors although I did haul the baby down to the pool area to enjoy the unseasonably warm air. But for the most part yesterday was pretty dismal. So I made a decision to actually go out today and do something.
I figured I would call Ariana and see if she and Amelia would like a visit at some point in the day. Ariana mentioned that she was going have to run some errands but that she wasn't too excited about it because of the VERY warm weather. (it was around 90 degrees today). I suggested that we hook Amelia's car seat into my car and make a group trip out of it. So that's what we did! The car was cool, Ariana could just run into each location without unhooking the baby and carting her along and I was able to get out and not spend any money in the process! It was great!
When we got home we fed the babies and put them down for naps and we filled up the kiddie pool out in the back yard of A's apartment.
When the babies woke up we stripped them down and let them splash to their hearts content. The water was a bit cold so we hooked the hose up to the hot water spicket in the laundry room nearby and made the pool feel almost tepid. It was a great way to spend a very hot afternoon. Chris came over with the video camera and got some great footage of Anders first swim party.
After swimming and tending to the babies, Ariana prepared a wonderful dinner of barbecued chicken, black beans and some yummy sides. (Jeff did the actual honors of barbecuing).
It really was the first summer day for me even though it is the middle of March! I'm looking forward to many more days of swimming and outdoor dinners in the months to come.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great day that developed for you and Ariana, not to mention the babes! I'm so glad you've still got a "young mom" cousin in the area, even if just for a little longer! Cute picture, too.

Erin said...

That sounds like a really fun day. I'm happy that you and Ariana can do things together with your babies! Sounds like a wonderful summer...uc-hum...spring day! :)

Anonymous said...

What fun for all of you! And like you said inexpensiv too!Grandma

David Cho said...

How cute is that!

Unknown said...

Hi Gretchen, I am cheating on my Lent internet fast because of my stupid cell phone screen going blank. I need to call you, but of course I don't have your number memorized-- darned technology dependence! Anyhoo, fun to read this post-- we had a great day with you. And we'd love to join you and Chris on your date tomorrow-- just give me a call!

Laura Ellen said...

Hi Gretchen!
Cute blog- I love the kissing pictures of Anders. It's been so fun getting to know you.