Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Miss Veta Lindsey passed away a few days ago and I wanted to share a little about her. She was one of those people who couldn't be compared to anyone else I've known. She was funny, she loved practical jokes and was always looking for a chance to pull one. She was extremely generous and had a heart for the helpless or hurting. She always had a gleem in her eye and a wry smile that showed that she was up on what was going on. Miss Lindsey prayed. She prayed for me and on occasion had inside knowledge from the Holy Spirit that she used to encourage me. I know she prayed for many other people as well. She loved Jesus.
Here is a link to a song that reminds me of Miss Lindsey and it brought a smile to my heart when I heard it. I hope you like it as well! (the link takes you to my MySpace address where the song is posted.)

6 comments:

Erin said...

I listened to the song and enjoyed it! What a unique person Miss Lindsey was/is.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that song - certainly reminded me of her in the big Linsey Schools station wagon.

What an amazing lady - what a love for God and others and a great sense of humor. I wonder if she ever did go on eHarmony like she said she would when you did?!

She will be dearly missed.

hjw said...

I didn't know she had passed! And yes, what a life she lived, and what a personality! She definitely left a big impact on all who knew her.

Gypmar said...

I only knew Miss Lindsey by reputation, but your thoughtful post about her has itself been an encouragement to me.

Friar Tuck said...

sorry about your loss

LAMusing said...

You forgot to mention she could wiggle her ears :)
I went to Linsey School from 1963-1970. And yes, there is no one like her. I will always remember her with enormous gratitude and love.