Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I've been a bit unmotivated lately about writing.
It's not that there is nothing going on, it's that there is so much going on. This Thursday two things happen. Sister Erin and husband Jim leave for Texas (to live), and Chris and I leave for Cincinatti to visit his parents. I work two days this week, leave, then come back Monday and then leave again on Friday for a family gathering (Chris's family) in Arizona.

Having a sister move out of state is a bigger deal than I'm feeling right now. Despite having cousins living overseas and various family members, who I love scattered across the country, I've never had a sister move away. Both my sisters are priceless and the friendships I have with them run deeper than I can say.
Erin and I are night and day different and over the years we have learned to understand, love and respect each other for who we each are. There is something unexplainable about the relationship someone has with another when you have fought, laughed, co-exhisted, worked through differences and come out loving that person even deeper than before. That's where true relationship exists and I'm grateful for that with my little sis. I know she and Jim will be happy. I'm happy for them. Actually I'm elated for them. I can't wait to visit and I can't wait to see what life holds for them. And yeah, I'll be spending as much time visiting there crazy amazing pad as much as possible!

Next time I write I'll try to put some picures of our Cincinatti trip up.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Thank you, GG! :) You are an amazing person and I'm sooooooo glad you're my sister!! I totally agree that there's no better relationship than one with a sister who you've laughed with, cried with, fought with, sung with, gone on family vacations with, played with, dreamed with, and tried-to-make-an-airplane-to-fly-to-Japan with... ;) I can't wait to have you out for Thanksgiving!!!! Thanks for your priceless friendship. I know we'll have no problem keeping in touch. :)

David Cho said...

Have a great trip!