Thursday, October 27, 2005

Yeah, it's been a while since I sat down and wrote. I've been tired. Like, can only handle what's in front of me kind of tired. There is something about traveling and going staight back to work that just kicked me in the.... tail.
Anyways, It was good to get out of my routine and see two other parts of the country. Cincinatti was truly a comfortable and pretty city, lots of culture and good food. The pictures are on my last blog.

The hot dry air of Pheonix was mesmerizing and it felt good to sit in the steaming hot jacuzzie or (kajoozie) as my nieces once called it, at the hotel and feel the dry heat around me when I got out.
While me, Chris and his parents were in Arizona we thought it would be nice to stay one night in Sedona. Chris' mom found a little inn that turned out to be "the best bed and breakfast in North America" according to the North American Travel Jounalists Association. It lived up to that description complete with fireplaces in every room and fresh bread baking when you arrive. Chris and his folks stayed in a Casita which was a cozy suite with a large feather bed and a murphy bed that Chris got to utilize, a fireplace and large bathroom with a waterfall shower and jakuzzie tub.
My room was the "garden room" and it had a little balcony that faced the sunrise. My bed was probably the most comfortable bed I've slept in since the last luxury trip the Jensen's took us on last year. I was very blessed by their generosity.

After all that comfort it's a jolt to come home and do laundry and sleep on my "temporary bed" air matteress. It's just not as cushy as those feather top beds!
That's a whole 'nother blog and maybe someday I'll write about the bed issue.
Until then.......

1 comment:

ShackelMom said...

Glad you are back! I've missed hearing from you! :-)