Sunday, March 19, 2006

Catching Up....



Goodness, I'm finally sitting down to write and I realized that it has been a while since I blogged. When I tried to post some pictures for some reason my blogger site can't finish the proccess, so I'll have to try again later.
Let's see since I last wrote I've gotten marrried, gone on a great honeymoon, found out the sex of the little bunchkin in my belly, and have done some major adjusting around my house with Chris.
First of all, the wedding was soooo much fun. When Chris and I drove away we both agreed that it was the best wedding we had ever gone to..... o.k so we're a bit biased. But really, it went so well. Every thing went smoothly, the music was spirit filled, William my brother-in-law gave a devotional on redemption, restoration and grace that was so powerful. Our photographer, a friend of Chris' took amazing pictures of everything. Hopefully by the end of today I will be able to give out the password for the ofoto account that friends and family can visit to see the pics or order what they want. I'll post a few when I get them.

Second fun event was a trip up the coast with my new husband. We stopped in Ojai for two nights and stayed at the Emerald Iguana. It was only about two hours from L.A so it was the perfect first official stop. Then we headed up to Cambria and stayed there for another two nights and then rounded out the trip with three nights at the Post Ranch Inn in Big Sur.
The whole time there was a threat of horrible weather but we only had one rainy day the first day in Ojai. The rest of the trip we had nice crisp sometimes moist days and the nights filled with thunder, rain, wind and hail. I would wake up in the middle of the night and hear the thunder and rain and think that it would carry over to the next day but it never did. We felt pretty blessed.

Last but not least two days after we got home I had an appointment for an ultrasound. A couple of months back I had been determined to wait it out and not find out what I was carrying until it's birthday but as time has progressed I just wanted to know who it was in there. Chris wasn't opposed to finding out either so we were excited to have this appointment. The first part of the ultrasound the tech had Chris wait in the waiting room while she checked all the measurments and did the technical stuff. I was laying here watching the screen and when she measured the thigh bones I had a pretty good view of the baby's tush. I pretty much knew right away what it was. Luckily she didn't say anything until Chris came in the room because I just didn't want to hear it without him being there.
So, proceeding on with the proccess she was able to show us pretty clearly that I wasn't carrying a girl! Chris was shocked but for some reason I had begun to feel like it was a boy a while back.
We've been letting the idea sink in and now we are scouring baby name web sites and getting some pretty good laughs at alot of the names.
The due date will be around August 10 so the count down begins!

Pictures will soon follow.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Hey GG! So nice to hear your update. It's good to have you back online. :) How fun it will be to have a wittle boy in the family!! The score will be even, and who will next break the tie?? ;) We're so glad you enjoyed the wedding so much and had a Great Honeymoon! The wedding was truly special.

ShackelMom said...

Ah yes, the external plumbing is a dead give-away! That is so great! You will love having a firstborn son! Have fun with the name game! It is a great way to pass the time. :-)

Unknown said...

I can't wait to find out which name you settle on. Jeff and I were having the hardest time with boy names, it was a relief to be let off the hook FOR NOW. I love all the boy names in our family, and keep wondering, "Is it really that bad for there to be cousins with the same name?" Don't worry, I know it is!

Anonymous said...

Gretchen and Chris,
We enjoyed the wedding so much too, and are really happy that you were able to really experience it and that you had such a lovely honeymoon. And we're happy about another boy in the family... can't wait to see what you decide on for the name!

David Cho said...

Let's see some pictures

Friar Tuck said...

congrats on the excitement