Monday, March 27, 2006

O.K. there will be more to come but right now I'm not even typing this from my own computer. Because of all the chaos of Chris having to move all of his worldy belongings into our apartment everything is a bit more complicated. While everything is getting moved Chris had to set up his computer with my moniter for work. I can't access wedding picutures yet because I don't know how to work Chris' picure files soooooooo it'll have to wait just a little bit longer.
I have to say that now I understand why it is that when someone gets married it seems like they have fallen off the edge of the planet. In some ways we have. Nothing is settled yet, there are boxes to be unpacked, paper work to fill out new routines to be set up etc....
When I was single I would get so annoyed when friends would get married because all of a sudden I wouldn't see them for long stretches of time. I thought that it was so wierd and kind of rude. NOW I know and I will forever have compassion on newly married folks because the reality is that there is SO MUCH adjusting and change that happens. It's good but time consuming.
Speaking of time consuming I have to go and unpack some more boxes and do a couple of loads of laundry!

5 comments:

ShackelMom said...

Thanks for not completely dropping off the edge! We love to read what you write! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi dear, thanks for taking the time to drop in for lunch today! Lucky me. Like Aunt Luanne, I also enjoy reading what you write! Can't wait to get those wedding pictures!

Erin said...

It's nice to here what you are up to! Yep - it's a weird phenomenon to get married and have to get completely re-acclimated to life again...it doesn't make sense until you are in the middle of it! :)

Gretchen said...

Thank you Jim for the encouragement. I can't ask for a better husband and I am looking forward to working out the kinks of a new situation! =0)

Gretchen said...

That really is amazing Bethany. It doesn't seem that long ago that I witnessed your vows.
I'm enjoying this new time and I'm also looking forward to the comfortable times as well.