Saturday, April 14, 2007

Yesterday was spent at my mom's house making a few batches of baby food. It was really an enjoyable afternoon and I was happy about all of the food we made for not very much money! Gerber is convenient but the cost can really add up. We made turkey with onions, peas and carrots, butternut squash and sweet potatoes....lucky Anders! It is in the freezer at my parents house until I see them probably tomorrow.


Anders was pretty tuckered out by the end of the day. It's hard being nine months old!

4 comments:

Erin said...

It is so fun to see updated pictures of darling Anders. Thanks for posting!

Anonymous said...

I glad we were able to get together to make baby food! And we felt so virtuous, too!

josieO said...

Good for you! Cheaper, better for baby, plus a great chance to hang out with mom/gma. Win, win, win! I'm no baby-food-making expert, as Dietrich has only been introduced to nine dishes, and two of them he's allergic to, so we're rolling out the solids slowly. That said, I've found my immersion blender (a Christmas gift from a thoughtful friend) to be the most useful item in my kitchen ever since Dietrich took his first bite of squash way back when. If you plan to keep it up, I highly recommend you invest!

Laura Ellen said...

Hi Gretchen!
Missed you at MOPS! It was a fun one. I can't believe you made baby food! Abby always hated the jars of meat. I might have to get some "how to's" from you on the turkey. Have a great weekend! Laura