Sunday, May 13, 2007

I just wanted to write a list of attributes that I appreciate about my mom. Now that I'm a mom I TOTALLY appreciate everything she did for us over the years. (And all the things she put up with!) Here they are.




You are creative, extremely patient, hardworking, practical, a very good teacher, pro-active, thoughtful, loyal, interesting, interested, you read to us until you lost your voice every night, you kept a clean house despite us, all of the hours spent sewing cute clothes for us, all of the fun trips you planned, you made good memories with us, you were and are always willing to help with whatever we need.

Thank you mom!

7 comments:

David Cho said...

Hey first mother's day as a mother to you too!

Now refresh my memory again. Your mother is Dave Shack's aunt, isn't she?

Gretchen said...

Yes, she and David's mom are sisters. Thank you for the congrats. =)

Grandma Seelye said...

What a lovely tribute to your mom!"Her children rise up and call her blessed"Was'nt that a lovely day at the park?

Laura Ellen said...

Gretchen,
I bet you made your mom cry with that one. Let her know every minute how special she is... you'll never regret it! Happy First Mother's Day to you.

Anonymous said...

Yes Gretchen, you made me cry with that one! Good job! What a precious message. You surprised me, right here at work!! I just can't say how blessed I am with you three girls. It's so great to be involved in your adult lives. Gretchen, you're such a wonderful mom and a very special person! I love you!!

Erin said...

Here-Here! I agree with every word you wrote about Mom. Thanks for everything you've done for us and with us, Mom! :)

abuelo said...

When you think of it, it is pretty amazing for me and grandma to read such wonderful tributes to our little girlies. That is the lens through which we usually look. Sure, they've grown up, but, well, it just gets better.