Monday, June 18, 2007

We had an extremely busy weekend ending with a very nice evening at my parents house for a bar-b-Q last night. Anders was a total trooper through hours of driving and missing naps and going to bed late.
On Saturday night we drove out to Simi Valley to visit some good friends that are about to become parents any day. We wanted to see them before the craziness began. We got home around 11:30 and then got up early to drive out to Malibu for church. Going to church with Chris has been quite an event because we have to leave an hour before we need to be there and we need to be there about two hours before church starts so that he can set up the sound stage and work with the musicians and such. There is no nursery care so most of the service I am pacing around the building trying to find something for Anders to do. Anyways Sundays are always a production and yesterday was no exception. We were home for a couple of hours and then headed over to my folks house for a birthday/fathers day dinner. I turned 31 yesterday so I got to request the menu as is the Cox family custom. I chose barbecued ribs. Yum!
I found a horribly bright orange shirt that said "Worlds Greatest Dad" on it so Chris indulged me and wore it to dinner. =0)
Lately Anders has begun to show signs of becoming a certified "daddy's boy". He follows Chris all around the house and wants to be held whenever possible. Chris is a WONDERFUL dad and gives him lots of attention!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures!! Sounds like you had a full but very special day with SO MUCH to celebrate...your once in a lifetime 31st birthday and the very FIRST Father's Day for Chris! Hope your day was as special as all of you!
Love & Hugs,
Grandma "J"

Erin said...

Fun pictures! Thanks for posting!

Luke said...

Cute! Sounds like you're having a lot of fun. (c: How's the kefir coming along? I've let mine sit for toooo long because I've been to busy to go out and buy milk. Tsk! Should have milk waiting for me when I get home though.

take care cuzin!

David Cho said...

He does seem like a great and happy dad

hjw said...

Sounds like things are going well. I'm so glad to hear it! Your hair is getting so long, and Anders is already so big! I do hope the move works out some time soon ... sounds like every day of the week involves more driving than a sane person should have to manage.

And Happy Birthday! I know it was the 17th, sorry for the late wishes. I hope it was grand.

And thanks for checking my blog, too. You're one of the few who leaves messages, and I LOVE that. Looking forward to more updates!