Friday, August 31, 2007

O.K. so I may have spoken a little too soon. There is no taste of fall in the air. It was at least 100 today and it hasn't cooled down much by 8:30 in the evening. It is hot, humid and very stale. According to the weather forecast we have at least another week of this. And then back to the typical 85-95 temps.
The only difference that I can tell is that the onslaught of summer ants has stopped and I haven't seen one for over a week now. That is a huge relief since my summer was practically defined by constant ant murdering.

All I can say is PLEASE, FALL HURRY UP AND GET HERE!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

William reminds me that Aunt Hilary uses the vacuum cleaner to murder ants. I finally stopped trying to be toxin free, and just spray poison now. However, the real drama comes with fly killing. I like to get a slightly damp dish towel, put it on my shoulder, and watch like a jedi knight until the soon dead fly lands. Then I sneak up on it, and strike like a frogs tongue. The length and damp weight of the dish towel is the key. The fly is dead on the floor before he knows what happened. It gives me great joy, and a sense of power. I can't help but laugh victoriously everytime I kill one. And that's pretty regularly in the summer. We all get creative, don't we?

Gretchen said...

Wow Heidi, that sounds downright evil! ;0)

David Cho said...

Amen!

Ants ants everywhere.