Thursday, August 02, 2007



Well, as you can see Anders is missing Amelia. Actually I'm missing having the Mullins around and Anders is just amused with that cute little girl on mommy's computer!
Over the last couple of years I've had two cousins and their families and two sisters and their families move out of state. It's been a mass exodus from California and we understand but we don't necessarily like it! It seems like the trend lately. A lot of young families are moving out of state in search of affordable housing and a more relaxed way of life.
Although we are missing our extended family we have been enjoying spending more quality time with my parents and grandparents and seeing Anders get Grammy and Papa all to himself one day a week! He is getting a chance to really know his great grandparents in a way that Chris and I never did and we love that!

6 comments:

Laura Ellen said...

Grandparents is the greatest factor in keeping us in this area!

I grew up with this wonderful support system/cheerleader grandparent network and I want that for my kids too.

Recently, we visited Temecula. It's crazy what we could sell our house for and buy with that money down there. And the area is so nice! But there's no family there, end of discussion.

Gretchen said...

Yep, it is crazy what you can get a house for just far enough away to be too far! =)

Unknown said...

Aww, we miss you guys too. Amelia is still waiting to make some baby friends to get together with. And I know it is really hard to have everyone move away-- it's too bad that some cities are just so hard to survive in, no matter how much you like being there. You're always welcome in the Northwest, but I know you'll either stick it out or probably hit Texas up for some hospitality. It was a great year to be close to you guys, though!

abuelo said...

Grammy is beside me reading the blogs and comments. We sure enjoy Anders and can hardly wait to see if he walks across the kitchen flor next week. It is close to that now. We are glad most of them have blogs, we miss our kids very much. Gregory Lane got paved today, from the worst to the best.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet and precious photo of the two cousins...Anders looks so wistful...you can imagine him thinking he would really like to play together with Amelia. An image on the computer is a wonderful connection but just not the same as a warm hug...just ask grandma "J" I made sure I got my fair share of baby hugs on Ander's FIRST birthday on my last visit... but wish I could kiss his sweet neck right now. I miss him and I miss the two of you!! :( :(
Sending a bushel of love your way.

Will De Hart said...

Gretchen,
We miss you guys too. As part of the mass exodus, its hard to leave family and friends. We are in that adventure phase claiming new territory. There is a joy in the chase. I'm sure in the future the world will continue to grow into a smaller place, and we will see more of you guys.