Thursday, September 13, 2007

This week has been one of the more trying weeks in my experience as a mom. As I blogged before Anders came down with the stomach flu on Saturday just one day after starting day care. Since then we have all experienced various forms of the flu and last night was the low point for me. Luckily Chris was feeling better and was able to deal with Anders nightly ritual of throwing up in his sleep. I dealt with it the night before. We have bags of laundry and it looks like tonight will be the magic laundry night for me.
The one miracle this whole week is that after being miserable all night, this morning I woke up feeling almost completely normal. I have never in my life woke up feeling good after a night of misery. Usually I would be a limp dishrag. But by the grace of God I was able to face the day with Anders feeling good. I took him to the doctors to make sure he was doing ok and not too dehydrated or malnourished. Everything looked ok much to my relief!
I have to say that this week has made me and Chris reevaluate day care. I lost two very profitable days of work. If Anders keeps catching various illness it won't make any sense to make this big change.
He is back in day care tomorrow so it's left to be seen.

3 comments:

Laura Ellen said...

Oh dear, Gretchen! I hope you all get back on your feet soon. Maybe you can enjoy the weekend together. It's a different kind of thing when you're a mom and you're sick... "who is going to take care of me?"

Heidi said...

I'm so glad you felt great that morning. It makes a big difference to feel refreshed. And hopefully Anders will be over his flu.

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear you all got sick! I know that working in a childrens' hospital, it was expected that people would get pretty sick the first month of work, but then most people had stellar immune systems after that. Hopefully this was just a little initiation, and it will be better after this.