Sunday, May 11, 2008





We had a very relaxing afternoon at the park today. It's a tradition with my parents to spend most of Mother's Day at Penn park and escape the craziness of the restaurants and other public places.
Chris and I weren't so smart this morning and decided to go out to brunch before the park. Luckily Chris found a replacement sound tech for the church job and we were able to lounge about a little. Then we called the place that we wanted to have brunch and they were booked up of course. So we made the short trek to Polly's pies, a place where I have lots of good childhood memories. The wait was about 45 min. Breakfast was... "Grill scraping and eggs" according to Chris. There were a few pieces of unknown crispy, fatty somethings swimming around in it and Chris says that he was still nauseous thinking about it. Mine was pretty good although I did send back my waffles once do to them being burned and cold, something I normally would never do.
My mom assured me that this is why they NEVER go out on Mother's day. So next year we'll actually take my mom's recommendation and hunker down and enjoy breakfast at home.

I hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't had much luck with Polly's breakfasts either. But, the afternoon at the park looks lovely!
Aunt G

Unknown said...

I love that top picture of you and your mom and Anders! Amelia now recognizes Anders pictures, seems to like him, and is kind of fascinated with his fiery hair-- I wish she was able to remember the baby times they shared! Happy Mamas' Day!

Laura Ellen said...

Gretchen, I love the picture of you, your mom and Anders at the park. Hope you had a great day!

P.S. I like Polly's. =) And it occupies a line on my resume.

Gretchen said...

Laura, I like Polly's too. Just not yesterday!

David Cho said...

Where's Penn park? Looks beautiful.

Gretchen said...

Hi David, it's in Whittier up in the hills behind Whittier College. It is a really old and beautiful park.

Robin said...

It was such a nice, friendly afternoon! I'm so glad you guys live nearby and we could meet for Mother's Day! I truly feel blessed and loved by all three of you! It's fun to see Anders in action, running around at the park, picking up trash and putting it in the trash can and of course, practicing his golf swing!