Tuesday, November 29, 2005


Here are a few pictues of my stay in Texas.

The Thanksgiving weekdend was spent with Erin and Jim who recently relocated. They are much missed here at the "mother ship", so it was quite fun to get to spend a whole long weekend with them. I loved seeing their beautiful new house and exploring the area where they live. It's really quite difficult to move away from everything one knows and start completely new. In being there, it really hit me how hard it is to do what they are doing and how over history many have done the same thing.
The story of the Pioneers and others who left family and friends in search of a better land were frought with casualties and suffering, but then again there were no Wal-Marts or Sonic Burgers along the way....
All to say "Erin and Jim, you are complete troopers!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back, Gretchen! Now you're an honorary Texan.

Heidi said...

I love seeing the photos. It helps me feel like I know more about where E&J are. Thanks.