Wednesday, January 18, 2006

There are a couple of subjects that I would and could write about and I'm not sure which one to tackle at the moment.
It takes alot of intellect from my foggy brain to sit down and put down on words what flits around beween my ears.
I've never really liked to write. It's hard for me to compose ideas in a logical format.
The thing that I DO like about writing especially in the blog format, is that people can read it and maybe be amused for a second. It has always brought me a great amount of pleasure to make people laugh. My blogs haven't always been written for that purpose, I don't have a comidy blog....... Oh my goodness "comidy" is that a word?? I just had a "wierdchickenstove" moment. That's when you write or say a word and it doesn't make sense as a word. It's just a sound. (I just googled the word "comidy" and it said "did you mean comedy?" That explains my problem with that word.
Anyways, for me that's why I like to write. If no one were to read something I wrote there would be no joy in it for me. Well, maybe. I journal sometimes and it wouldn't bring me joy to have someone read that.
O.K, different thread.....

Here is a short list of my favorite work songs(Kost 103.5 easy listening) We listen to this station at the salon because it's the ONLY station everyone slightly agrees on.

Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton - Islands in the stream
James Blunt - You are beautiful (totally overplayed but what women doesn't love that song??)
Anything by ABBA

I may add to my list if I hear anything else that makes me happy. If you live around the L.A. area and you have to listen to the Kost or if you have an "easy listening" station that is forced on you during working hours, what are your favorites?

10 comments:

David Cho said...

This is my woman.

Gretchen said...

Wow! Amazing voice! They don't play her on Kost do they?! I hope not!

Friar Tuck said...

My sis listens to KROC

Cant stand the Islands in the Stream

Like the other one

ShackelMom said...

I enjoy reading your blog and it does make me laugh! One doesn't have to be a 'comic' to make people laugh, but life is funny a lot of the time, and you have a gift of seeing some of the funny stuff and sharing it with us! You are fun, not funny, if you know what I mean, like, I would never say 'Gretchen is kinda funny....' :-) But she is certainly fun!

Gretchen said...

Thank you Aunt Luanne, that's probably good not to be "funny" wierd....

Frier, I use to listen to KROC back in the day but I have gotten OLD and now I listen to STAR (popular rock) or country. Otherwise I like NPR.
WHAT?? You can't rock out to "Islands in the stream"???! =0)

Daniel Shackelford said...

What??!! My punk cousin listens to smooth rock and ez-listening? Time to get those Doc Martens back on I think. Quick! Before your kids are old enough to notice...

I listen to RadioParadise.com, and although there are some downtempo songs, he mixes in some Elvis Costello, TMBG, Ian Brown and Ben Harper. Good beats.

Nathan said...

Adult rock, here in Chicago it's XRT. You will recognize the music, but it's not annoying.

As far as being forced to listen to something... when I'm feeling democratic I'll let a student put on a cd, but I usually give it a few songs and then switch. I'm glad we don't have to agree. I don't like things that sound chaotic in the classroom. In the car maybe... but not in the artroom.

Unknown said...

Once in a while there will be a KBIG song stuck in my head, and it always brings me back to working at a PT clinic in OC. I associate the songs I would otherwise hate with a fun workplace, and then I can enjoy them for their nostaligic qualities. I have to agree with Nathan, though, that it feels great to not be forced to listen to certain types of music all day anymore.

Gretchen said...

I agree with Nathan and Ariana. I don't like listening to the same kind of music all day especially something I wouldn't normally put on anyway.
Tech, I've outgrown my Docs long ago but I still feel the pull of wildness at times.... Music wise I just like good lyrics and a positive vibe.
I remember a time in high school sitting in my room listening to the Cure/Danzig/REM (Every body hurts) and feeling really depressed. Yuck.

Fahd Mirza said...

I have just started to read your blog and I will let you know about laughing after some monitoring. Take care.