Tuesday, July 25, 2006

GOOD NEWS!

At this very moment there are two men installing a NEW air conditioning unit in our apartment. It's turning out to be quite a big proccess so it will probably not be done until this evening. (crossing my fingers). I don't think we can handle an overnight without some relief!
This summer has been one of the hottest that I remember in a very long time. I do remember some pretty hot summers when I was little. My mom and sisters and I would lie in front of a fan and wait until it started to cool off. I also remember being so uncomfortably hot at night that we would put ice cubes in a sandwich bag and chew on them. Another way to beat the night heat was to wet towels and lay them on our foreheads turning them over every couple of minutes.
Ahhh... the memories of summers gone by. I have a feeling that this summer will have alot of fond memories for Chris and I as well.

2 comments:

David Cho said...

I live only about 4 miles from the beach, but yet it has been hot here. It gets even worse if you live inland. I cannot begin to imagine what it must have been like in places like Riverside, San Bernardino, Fresno, etc.

Gretchen said...

Blecchhh, it really has been quite horrid lately. I'm glad I don't live in any of those spots right now!