Sunday, July 23, 2006

It's 3:40 in the morning and I am trying to cool down after Ander's 3:00 feeding. The temp today was 104 and that was in the afternoon when things usually start cooling down here in So Cal. I don't think I have felt this hot and grumpy in a very long time. My dear husband Chris keeps trying to afirm my motherly efferts by patting my shoulder or holding my hand and I keep veering away because of the sticky heat that radiates off both of us.
The window air con in our apartment probably dates back to the Ford administration and at this moment I am sitting right in the line of cool air and I feel slight relief, but as soon as I move it's back to sweaty July heat.
O.K. I'm off to bed now. When I get up in two hours for the 6:00 bottle it hopefully will have cooled down a bit more.
Tomorrow may be a day to take Anders on a big field trip to the local Starbucks where mommy can sip a Venti iced green tea....

3 comments:

Luke said...

hey gg, sorry it's so hot. dc: we really experience it here at work, because we can't keep the campus cooled. That's a pretty bad thing. Ah well. Summers come and summers go, so.. "Go away already '06 summer!" Glad to hear Anders is doing so well. Hope you got a cool trip to Starbucks! Take care and looking forward to meeting your little boy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Gigi from daddy, mommy and sister Enu. Jim is at work so we three are off to look at houses in nearby Lantana. It is 85 this morning heading up to the mid-90's. So sorry is is sooooooo hot in SoCal. Bummer! The heat wave will break but when in the heckfire when? Love you lots, and Anders too, and Chris and, and, and, Bubba (I think :-) ). Dad

Gretchen said...

Thank you dad and Luke. This summer really has been quite a scorcher.
Dad, "heckfire"???? you really are enjoying Texas aren't you!