Saturday, November 25, 2006

What a difference a year makes!



Wow, I was just thinking of how fast this year has gone and what blessings it has brought. Last year at this time I was contemplating moving to Dallas to be near Erin and Jim. I spent a wonderful Thanksgiving with them and realized that I was happy just visiting. I felt that it wasn't the right time to move. Shortly after that I found out that Chris and I were going to be parents. It was a difficult time of decision making and introspection.
Then came a short engagement and the most meaningful and lovely wedding we could have ever asked for.
We had about three and a half months of marriage before Anders joined our family. He was 7 weeks early and I have to say that that week was one of the most difficult and uncomfortable weeks of my life.
Our lives have changed so much since June and as I look back at how crazy life has been and the changes that have taken place I can only be grateful. I love my husband and son and can't imagine life any differently.
Some other things I'm grateful for....

- A big apartment where I can practice my nesting skills (and they do need practicing!)
- Parents who love each other and made a good home for us to grow up in
- Friends to have coffee and gab with
- Good books to read when I have time
- Sisters who I can honestly say are my friends
- The cool fallish weather we're having today (FINALLY)
- The possibilities of new things
- A wonderful extended family,grand parents, cousins, aunts and uncles
- A very handy computer savvy husband to keep our house hold technology going
- And of course a healthy happy baby

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you , dear, for your heartfelt thoughts. I thank God for his deep love and caring for each person! It's been a very full/significant/growing/blessed year for all of us.
We love you!

ShackelMom said...

Enjoyed this blog! God is indeed good! You guys look great!

Friar Tuck said...

I have mixed feelings about SOCAL really, but I love palm trees like the one in your pictures...and I love a cloudy day near the coast.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gretchen! How refreshing to read your sweet, open reflection on the events of the past year, and all the things you are grateful for! God delights in doing good for those who wait on Him.