Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Two years ago today around this time, I was in the midst of picture taking and pre-wedding flurry. I walked down the aisle to the instrumental version of "Annie's Song" by John Denver. While we were on our honeymoon we made a quick stop at a little road side vendor to get a drink a some lunch. While we were sitting there that song came on over the speakers. It was one of those sweet moments that makes perfect sense. Since then I haven't heard that song unless I chose to.

Fast forward to this morning. Chris and I decided to celebrate in the truly romantic way that couples with small children do, and have breakfast at IHOP. Anders was acting up and making lots of noise and we were trying to have a peaceful time and all of a sudden my ears perked up and I heard "Annie's Song" being played in the background. It was pretty faint but still there. I looked at Chris and pointed to the speaker. It took us back to the moment we committed our lives to each other exactly two years before. We both got a little misty eyed over the sweetness of the moment and we agreed that it would be really weird if we heard it again next year in some random setting!

Luckily, the IHOP breakfast wasn't the our main celebration. We will be skipping town in less than two weeks and leaving the little man with Grammy and Pa Pa and my parents. We can hardly wait!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Love Grandma

Anonymous said...

Hey you two love birds!! Congratulations on your second Wedding Anniversary!

Love,

Grandpa J

Erin said...

That's so funny about the song popping up at the right times! Happy Anniversary! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the story about the song! And we can hardly wait to have little bubba stay with us! So glad you get to get away for a really nice time together to celebrate. Bless you both! Love...

Gypmar said...

OK, I will confess that the "Annie's Song" story brought a tear to my eye. And I don't think I even know how that song goes. Congratulations on the anniversary and double congratulations on a kid-free getaway!