Sunday, July 31, 2005



Chris Isaac RULES!!!


Well, kind of.... Besides all the lewd references, the performance was amazing. I really had heard just a little of his music up until tonight. The most famous song being "Wicked Game" which I think everyone and their mother knows. I think that I will go out and buy one of his cd's on Monday. The thing that I loved about his music was the soul. There was such a great blend of old country, soul, and rock mixed together and the results were beautiful.

Now, I'm sitting here at the computer at 12:15 am, eating cotton candy, high as a kite from all the fun and sugar. Oh yeah, and not being able to find my car (we were at the OC fair grounds). There were a few moments of panic when my friend and I were looking and it was no where to be found. I wasn't about to give way to the hysteria, so I calmly suggested that we find a knowledgeable person with a golf cart to drive us around. After a few tries we succeeded at finding the right person and shortly after that we found my car. All's well that ends well. When in doubt, always find a knowledgable person with a golf cart. It can only go up from there.

The other high point was riding the skyway ski lift type thing across the park. (See above picture).
I'm actually pretty scared of heights because I can always imagine the worst. The interesting part was that my friend happened to be even more petrified then me. So I spent the whole ride talking about how strong the cable was and how I'd never in my life seen a stronger cable and how pretty the sky was etc.... She kept her eyes shut he entire time and was shaking like a leaf by the time we got off. I have to admit that I was REALLY glad to get off that thing also.
The funny part is that when we looked up at the little benches going over our heads we both agreed that it didn't really seem that far up. But when you're up there it is really freaky.

Three other high points
1. a new henna tatoo
2. my first taste of 'dippin dots'
3. seeing one of the largest rabbits i've ever seen. (think small dog)

I'll call it a night.


2 comments:

Nathan said...

Yeah, put as many picture of Bubba up as you can, Ellie is fascinated with chinchillas. She'll be thrilled to know that she's related to one.

Gretchen said...

Hi nathan, glad to see you found my site. =) I'll try to puts some more up for Ellie.