Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Everything is so big when you're three



_____________________________________________________________________


Musings about manic days


There are just some days where I can't handle alot of noise. When I turn on the radio in my car I can only handle classical music or little amounts of talk radio, no fun raucous rock or peppy country music. Today was one of those days. Everytime I would turn on music or there would be too much noise in the salon I felt overwelmed. Usually on days like this I just go about my day and bear it all the while getting more and more exhausted. Luckily today I had a big break in my day so I came home and slept for about an hour. It was LOVELY. It gave me just enough energy to finish the rest of my customers with relative politeness.

It's so funny to me how one day can be almost manicly great and fun and the sky is so blue and the air is so fresh and every song I hear makes me want to dance and sing and then other days are just so blah... I prefer the manic fun days. Of course I like the days that are just in between as well. Sane, comfortable, relaxed, normal.
Life is compiled of all these kind of days and as I've begun to see, one bad or unbalanced day or one fabulous day doesn't define my life. It's just one day in the midst of thousands of others. Ahh, that's a comforting thought.

3 comments:

Luke said...

Gretchen, your blog is doing very nicely! I like the design, your pictures are all well placed and of course your content is super! It's fun coming and reading (which is what a blog should be right?) I should take some lessons from you. (c: Oh, and I'm about due for another haircut. lol!

Gretchen said...

Hey luke, your next haircut is free! You were a great help with this blog. =0)

Luke said...

oi! how unexpected! well, let me know a good time as best fits your schedule. (c: