Thursday, September 18, 2008

Here are a few little quirks about our new place in Calabasas

- A downstairs corner apartment next to the parking lot. We get lots of talking late at night about 9 feet from  our heads. One of the conversations went something like this (at 2 in the morning). "hey man, that was fun let's do that again sometime! @$#@ yeah, N!$@#r! Oh man! I'd better get home or my wife's gonna kill me! Maybe I can sneak in and say I fell asleep on the couch! @#$%!"
Charming to say the least.

- Lots of bees on the pathway leading up to our door. Anders say's "scuse me!" I taught him to give the bees space so that they can make honey. =)

- A thief(s) in the neighborhood. Anders tricycle was stolen from in front of our door during dinner last week. Yesterday I came out and noticed that the car next to mine had had it's window broken into. I guess they couldn't see anything valuable in my car under all of the stuff!

Yesterday Anders came up to me and shrugs his shoulders, throws up his hands and says dobedoo? ohhhh, doobedoo, sad... New??
Doobedoo means tricycle, bicycle or motorcycle in our house.

Other than these little bumps we are really, really loving our place. It's convienent to friends out here, it's pretty and rural feeling. The parks are incredible. We have a washer and dryer. The list could go on!




3 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

The bees are not good. I would be torching the hive with a lighter and insect spray.

Friar Tuck said...

You might want to try that out without the hive before you ligth the whole complex on fire though

Gretchen said...

Actually it's not the hive it's just a big expanse of flowers that they LOVE. They are happy bees and haven't bothered us so far. I just dodge them and try not to get their way.