Thursday, September 25, 2008


So, Chris and I were chatting last night and I was telling him something about the day regarding Anders and a bottle. He gets this smug smile on his face so of course I stop and ask him what is so funny! He then points out that he has never heard me use the correct past tense form of "drink". It turns out that whenever I refer to something that has been drunk I say......"drank'n" like "after he had drank'n it all up he didn't want any more"......I'm blushing just writing this!
 
Now, I grew up reading a lot, going to private school, having parents that were educated and who loved to read and are both articulate writers and yet here it is, "drank'n".
So, if any of you who see me catch me using this term, please stop me and correct this horrible mangling of the English language!


Well, all a ya'll folks out thars, i'd betta go and git me somma that there moonshine yonder and drinks it all up! A'n after I've drank'n it all up Im's gonna go and skin me some possum!

4 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

Amazing how the kiddos make us think about things that we have not considered before as we seek to be an example.

Laura Ellen said...

I have never noticed you speaking poorly...and is a teacher!

Laura Ellen said...

OOps, I was going for funny there with I IS A TEACHER! I can spell. I just cannot type.

Gretchen said...

Ha ha Laura!
I think that this is the one word that is horribly wrong in my vocabulary!