Monday, September 15, 2008

Since we now live 15 minutes from a good beach I decided to take Anders down last week. I realized that he really had never been to the beach to play in the water! He had more fun than I expected and he still talks about it.
It was my first time taking a child to the beach by myself so I learned a few things like, don't forget the cooler in the car, bring a chair, bring some kind of talc powder to prevent sand/diaper chaffing, bring fresh water for rinsing afterwards and lastly, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are the best beach food!





4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute pictures! Anders just looks so relaxed and happy in that last picture-- he obviously had a great time. How fun that you are so close to it! I think Amelia would love the beach-- we'll have to take a long drive to the coast next year!

Unknown said...

Hey, it looks like you guys had fun at the beach. I love Anders expression that you captured. =)

Will De Hart said...

I can feel the sand between my toes! How I miss that cold gray water. The back ache, salt water drip, salt crusted eyebrows, "I love you ocean Pacifica!" There is nothing like a coke, 2 bean and cheese burritos and loads of sauce at Taco Bell after a four hour surf.

Thanks for the pictures.

Maybe, when we come on Sunday in December, we can go take a look?

Vinae said...

I love the oversized "bee stinger" trunks Anders has on. So cute!!