Saturday, September 27, 2008






So today was Anders and Chris' first day of "my little sportster" class. I went along to take some pictures and of course hollered a little from the side lines. They are learning how to kick a soccer ball and hit a t-ball. I'm sure there will be some other skills to learn as well. The class was pretty chaotic and the poor girl who was running it had a pretty quiet voice and didn't seem to feel comfortable telling people what to do.  Hopefully next week will be a little more organized. 

After class we went to grab some breakfast and then headed over to the Paramount ranch. The Paramount ranch is basically a set built to look like an old fashioned looking town and it was used in a ton of old western movies. 
There used to be a train track and a train on location but was moved quite a while back. There is still a very realistic train station and platform. The whole time Anders kept talking about a train and he thought we were going to get on a train! Since it was close to 100 degrees outside we sat down at some picnic tables under a nice covered area. We told Anders that the train wasn't here anymore and that we weren't going to see a train today.  He climbed up on the picnic tables and walked back and forth all the while having a conversation with himself. It went something like this. "old train...new train...on?? noooo! hmmmm, train old? Yeah. no train. New?? hmmmm...."
We were trying not to laugh but it was sweet and funny to hear him try and work out the dilemma of not being able to see a train today.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

I love hearing you tell stories about Anders. What an entertaining little boy. We really should talk soon. I'm such a bad phone friend. At least you try and call me. Sigh... do you still have the same number? I'm still at the same one. Maybe try me again. If you call and I answer I promise I won't hang up :)