Tuesday, February 14, 2006


I had to put a picture in of Chris and I. Yesterday we were driving to meet with one of his friends who is in charge of the music at our upcoming wedding. I was driving behind Chris and all of a sudden he pulled off the road we were driving on and there was a beautiful little look-out spot over looking the San Fernando valley. The weather was perfect and the the air was fairly clear for L.A... beautiful.


Tonight we went down to Malibu and had an AMAZING dinner at Geoffery's, an elegant out door restaurant looking out over the ocean. It's in an amazing location but the food is tasty as well. I started with the arugala and pear salad topped with a very mild creamy goat cheese and some sort of yummy dressing. Next was the chicken breast stuffed with a creamy rasberry stuffing on a bed of small blue potatoes and mushrooms. Lastly I chose the rasberry creme brule. Oh it was good.
When we had finished our meal we just sat back and took in the twinkley lights and the vast dark ocean and I have never been so happy that I live in Southern California. Good times.

9 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

where else have you lived?

I am going to have to have a blog party when i get to socal and visit with my sister....who knows when that will be....

you look like a cute couple.

what do you all do for a living?

Anonymous said...

What a great picture in a beautiful spot. It sounds like you had a lovely Valentine's Day!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful, and yes, VERY romantic, evening!

ShackelMom said...

How nice to see you both! Sounds like a lovely day!

Gretchen said...

Thank you Mom, Ariana and Aunt Luanne! It was a lovely evening!

Friar, besides Souther Cal, I have lived in Sask, Canada where I went to school for a few years, Chris is origianally from Ohio and moved here about seven years ago. I'm a hair stylist and he is an audio engineer.
If you come out let us know.
Does your sis live in L.A. or Orange County?
I live kind of on the border of both and right now, until March 4th Chris lives out in the Valley area. We have a long commute!

Friar Tuck said...

My sis lives in Southern OC (Laguna Niguel).

Nathan said...

Sounds like a nice time. Good food always makes it better. But, that warmth that you have going on in CA is sure a nice thing... we are cold in IL.

Heidi said...

My mouth is watering over your dinner. Great photos. And beautiful view. No smog either. I keep reminding myself how lucky I am to have the warmth in the middle of winter.

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture of you two. It reminds me that God has brought you together. And He will lead you throughout your lives. A real comfort to me. Love Dad.