Thursday, February 02, 2006

O.K. So I've been slacking off a bit on the blog front. My creative energy level has been pretty low lately. There is sooo much going on and when that happens I kind of get passive. Eventually something kicks in and I fly into action and work myself sick. The wedding is coming very quickly and I have most of the details on my side under control thanks to my wonderful mom... (thanks mom!).
Chris has been working very hard lately on a job that requires alot of hours and creativity. Along with the hour+ commute, wedding plans and our busy schedules we have to work at having quality time together. I mean this is what it's all about isn't it?? Goodness gracious! The busyness of life has a way of crowding out the important stuff.

Today I woke up and when I looked in the mirror on the way to my moring shower I noticed my tummy was taking on a different shape. The baby and it's surroundings are beginning to push everything up and I'm losing the little bit of waist that I had. I freaked out because I didn't know that's what it was supposed to look like and I thought that something must be drastically wrong! So when I got to work I told the girls about it and they all laughed and assured me that was normal and that I probably was carrying "high". I guess I just didn't expect anything show for a while yet.... It's all very new. I'm thankful that I work in the environment that I do. All my co-workers have had children and one of them is pregnant with me. The conversation always gets a bit interesting and extremely graphic when it comes to childbearing. I feels sorry for the guys that happen to get caught in salon while everyone is chatting away freely.

On a different note...

A couple of high lights from this extremely eventful week.

- Reading sister Erin's blog about Gpa and Gma visiting her and Jim in Texas
- Having lunch with friend Rachel today (turkey, cranberry, and cream cheese sandwiches on sourdough) yum!- Feeding my chincilla his favorite treats when I get home from work.
- Taking a super hero quiz compliments of cousin Luke's blog. Apparantly I'm Super Man!
- Getting off early from work today as is my usual Thursday custom.
- Buying yet another book about pregnancy as well as a Patsy Cline CD which I'm listening to right now (very good).
- Taking a long nap today..... the topper of an exciting and eventful week!!
- Oh! I almost forgot the one truly exciting event which was seeing my tummy change! Creepy but exciting.

5 comments:

Fahd Mirza said...

According to Friar Tuck, you are not in rythm.

Cheers

Erin said...

How exciting, GG!

Gretchen said...

Yeah, according to Frier Tuck my blogging rythm got out of sync! I'm always impressed if someone can write a blog everyday! I just can't seem to do that. oh well. =0)

Friar Tuck said...

Good to hear from you.

It helps when you work at a computer and your mind needs a little bit of rest.

As for the body change...I am so glad I am a man.

Unknown said...

For the first time, I noticed that I can see the bottom of my belly button pretty easily now (just about 5 months along,) and it struck me as really funny. Every time I think, "wow, my belly is so big", I quickly add "and this is nothing..." to the thought. I'm trying to psychologically prepare myself, but I am skeptical that it is actually possible.