Friday, February 24, 2006

The assembly begins! Chris and I (thanks to his gererous folks) bought a king size bed from IKEA. The putting together part was easy because Chris is really good at reading instructions and actually following them. I'm not, so I sat there and took pictures and brought him soda and handed him nails and screw drivers. It went pretty well until it came time to put the box in the frame. After many frustrating attempts and a few dangerous moments we called it quits for the evening. I was in tears as usual and it was getting close to midnight. Chris blew up the air matteress again for me to sleep on and I ended up sleeping in the living room among piles of bedding and IKEA boxes. We finally got the issue resolved and last night my dad and Chris finished assembling the bed. This morning the mover guys that work for Ikea came and picked up the defective boxes and I was really happy to see them go! It turned out that there had been a recall on some of the boxes that were made because when they were put together instead of making a king size they were about an inch off! So frustrating.
At least it all turned out well!




8 comments:

Unknown said...

How nice to have that all over with. I think Jeff and I are going to order a queen matress this weekend, thanks to a good tax return-- we definitely have done our time with a full bed! I keep dreaming of sleeping on a roomy pillow- top...

Erin said...

What a cute bed! I love the curly-cues! The colors are nice, too. Very inviting. I can't wait to see it (and you) in person! :)

David Cho said...

Is this cheaper than what Sit N Sleep has to offer? Yeah, your mattress may be freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

DaveShack said...

How maddening to pay careful attention to instructions and then have the mistake be on their end! Especially because you put so much trust in the process. "It has to be me, since they are the professionals!" I'm glad you got the whole defect thing sorted out.

Friar Tuck said...

Sounds like there is lots going on in your world.

When is the big day?

Nathan said...

And what's more maddening is that the item in question is huge... it's not like you could set it aside and forget about it for a while. Glad you got it sorted out.

Gretchen said...

Yeah, the problem with the bed really got to me because I was SOOOO excited to have a good bed to sleep on that night. I was really sad when it didn't work out that night.
The wedding is this Saturday and I can happily say that Chris and I will have a bed to come home to when we return from the honeymoon!

rubyslipperlady said...

Beautiful bed. Glad you found a man who will read and follow directions. Best to the both of you! Godspeed!