Friday, October 03, 2008

I've been trying to update my blog the last couple of days with a video I took of Anders playing one of his favorite games. He lines up a few cups and then bowls with a little ball. He has been enjoying "games" and asks me to play with him. It's a pretty fun stage. 

Last week I started MOPS put on by Malibu Presbyterian church. They really know how to put on an event and we had a lovely brunch overlooking the ocean. Each place had a little gift bag with Kiel's product samples some Bed Head hairspray and a folder containing advertisements for a local upscale spa. It was a funny experience coming from a very down to earth regular sort of existence and stepping into this tanned, wealthy, scarf wearing community.  Of course the women are all in the same boat as me as far as being a mom and dealing with all of the joys and challenges that that entails and most of them are believers so it felt fairly comfortable in that way.
Anders and I also go to a "mommy and me" play day on Wednesdays with some of the same moms and that has been really enjoyable. Anders gets a kick out of circle time and even says his name (very quietly) when we go around the circle to introduce ourselves. 
When we first moved here I started out by looking up every fun thing to do in the area and have tried to do as much of them as possible. We have found some fantastic parks and indoor play areas as well as the library and the beach. We do something almost everyday but sometimes it is nice just to stay home and play.
Chris and I are DYING for a date night but as of yet haven't found any babysitters. That is our next priority! I realize that it's been kind of difficult to always be parents and not have much time together alone. We do go out as a family but many times there is the stress of having a active and slightly moody two year old and we have had a couple of tense meals out where we had to leave early just so that we didn't lose our cool. So, hopefully in the next couple of weeks we'll find some nice high school or college girl to rescue us!
Other than that all is going well. Chris is thankful for his job and is just on his way home from work as I write this. This week has been really busy and he has been pretty tuckered out. We really look forward to the weekends lately.  Tomorrow Chris takes Anders to his "little sportster class" while I get to enjoy some time alone. Nice!

2 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

Hope you get your date night soon.

Erin said...

It's good to hear an update! I too hope you get a date night very soon. I know how that is! ;-)